Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fire Spec Mage


(Writing this at 6am, so bare with me.)

Okay so for the last week I have been racking my brain to try and get down the Fire Mage Class. It has been one hell of a process. When Cataclysm first came out all I heard was how good the Fire spec was. At the time I was specked as Arcane. From what I read and researched for Wrath of the Lich King, they were 1337 at the time. At the birth of Iggy (level 1) however I was specking for Fire. It wasn't till late 70s that I had people telling me if you want to raid you have to go Arcane! Keeping in mind I refused for quite some time and wanted to stay Fire till the end. Well I broke down and listened to them. I soon after mastered the Arcane spec (granted its not THAT hard to do, it just takes timing) coming into Cataclysm. I didn't want to go back to Fire because this whole time I had pushed it aside to learn Arcane. Well now after months of throwing that spec away, I'm coming back to it.

My progress: To start off with A LOT has changed in the Fire spec. So much so what I knew before wasn't even valid anymore. I've been doing countless numbers of research trying to find the best rotation for me. Well, tonight I think I figure it out a lot more. I was in Orgrimmar practicing on the Training Dummies, when I had peaked at 23k DPS. Before when I was trying to use them for my DPS my peak was only at 10k, which I must say was HIGHLY disappointing. However, tonight I managed to stay at an average 15k DPS and ended the fight at 14k.

Also another update:
I applied to Damage Control as a Raider. I know as a Fire Mage I'm a little lacking but as you can see, every day I'm getting better and better. Really, all I need is someone to show me the ropes (because no one really has yet besides a few pointers here and there and me researching the same things over and over) and I will be great.
 
This is a screen shot of me resting after the Dummy test run and of course gloating about my DPS.











No comments:

Post a Comment