Wednesday, November 30, 2011

New Is Not Always Better

First boss down in Dragon Soul!
Finally, patch 4.3 came out yesterday. Everyone flooded back online for the new content, new dungeons, and of course new raids. I was surprised come Wednesday there was no lag on the servers while Lords of Havoc did their weekly raid. As discussed in a meeting that was held days prior, we decided we were going to join the ranks of the 25 man raiding guilds starting for Dragon Soul. The raid itself went very well as we downed the first boss on our first attempt. However, the second boss after SEVERAL attempts gave us great issues. We called it a night on the second boss to pick up later in the week. 

Review on Patch 4.3
As many may know I have now three level 85 characters. (Priest, Mage and Paladin) My Priest walking into patch 4.3 was already very well geared. It made getting into the Random Raid Finder very easy and a breeze to get through. Really almost too easy, the group I had blew through the first four bosses like it was nothing, with not a single wipe. (I also did manage to get my Priest some very sexy loot, her teir 13 Head Piece.) My Mage who I hadn't played since the start of Firelands was sitting at an item level of 359. It only took a day to get her to item level 373. I was rather upset with how quick it took. I sat playing my Priest for months getting her finally to 370+ and in literally only a day my Mage was right there beside her. I feel like we were sent back to Wrath of the Lich King. Here, be able to take down all these bosses with no skill and effort at all. To be honest, I'm already bored of this patch. I've run the new dungeons to death already and maxed out my Valor Point on both my Priest and Mage in under two days. Now, the only fun I'm having is getting my Paladin geared up to be able to do the same thing. I'm sure this patch will give me a lot of time to work on my other toons or even find a new hobby in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment