Friday, June 24, 2011

Fire Mage vs. Arcane Mage

I have waited too long to write this post...

I'm going to start this off by saying "I hate Arcane Mages". I've been seeing several more Mages floating around world of Azeroth. From a player who plays this class as their main, it is both a good thing and bad. Its good that more people are starting to have fun playing Mages. Its a bad thing because there are several of us out there that have beat our head against many a keyboards trying to max out our DPS. When low and behold, the newbies now can march right in specing Arcane and out DPS everyone. For those of you, who have finished 4.1 patch and just want to lay back and relax that is fine to go Arcane to take a break. (Those people know who they are and deserve that break.) However, when I run into a dungeon with an Arcane Mage and they don't even know how to Sheep properly or Spell Steal. They need go Fire and get in the back of the line like everyone else did for Cataclysm.

Now here is two Mages battling out in BH for top DPS. The Arcane Mage was just a little lower in gear and still won with their two button rotation. However, for this run I out did the Arcane Mage for Damage Done. >> Why is it that people only care about Damage Per Second? And not Damage Done? I took the boss' HP down the most from 100% to 0%, why does it matter how fast I did it in a second?

I of course was playing the Fire Mage.

And as you can see their whole 2 button rotation.
I can't wait for Firelands where I hope Arcane get nerfed and Fire gets buffed. So those who think they are bad ass for playing Arcane get put back in their place. Until then I will power myself up to hopefully be able to show up those Arcane Mages of 4.1.

No comments:

Post a Comment