Thursday, August 11, 2011

Healing is Feeling....

This has probably gotten to be the biggest update that this blog has seen. (No, I didn't go to Alliance...) What happened to Iggy? I have been running dual mains for awhile now. But now I have realized playing a Priest comes easier to me. Iggy has been put on the back burner for right now. Damage Control you still have a place in my heart. -makes a heart sign with her hands- But since Evo has not been online, I found more and more I wasn't playing Ignasia. Perhaps when Evo comes back, you will see me on more. Until then, I will be doing something I truly enjoy.

Almirmiel
I took Almirmiel out of Damage Control last week at the request of joining a friend's raid group to help out their guild. However, while I was gone on my camping trip I found out that someone from my past was invited into the guild. A kid that plays by the name of Wyrmhole. He was part of the handful of people that made leaving University of Suramar easier. I really hate dealing with immature people, ESPECIALLY in raiding. After the incident in BWD where I had to deal with the kids of UoS, my respect for said player decreased greatly. The group was so unorganized, immature, and without a doubt unskilled, that they could not clear trash. After that, I personally chose to never again deal with such players. As a result of said past event and his invite, I decided to leave the guild. If it is something I learned guilds are a dime a dozen. As it is right now, Almirmiel has gone back to Sanctum.

Working on DPS
As you can see I hit 13K.



21K DPS without Using Burning Blood. Woot!
From a little birdie I heard that people were whispering under their breath about my healing and dps. -smirks- So because of this, I decided to post my most recent DPS recounts. I did this with Iggy and here I go again with Almir. 

First, I told people many times my healing sucks. This is due to me not working on it as much in the past. It was a good break from having to smash my head against the wall trying to play a Fire Mage. I just started getting truly serious about gear and caring if I was any where near good. If this character has now become my main. I need to work and treat her like it. Just today I got her first piece of Tier 12 healing gear. I will start trying to heal ZA/ZGs here soon.

Second, my dps has been lacking because it's not my main spec. I've been using it so that I can get geared without being thrown out of dungeons. Its better to make up for a crappy DPS than it is for a healer who can't heal. Lucky for Shadow Priests they can use just about the same gear. I am still getting the same rotation from just about anyone I talk to so my low damage per second must be gear related. Here is my rotation: Vampiric Touch, Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague, Mind Blast (for the mana regen), Mind Flay till Archangel procs, make sure none of my DOT fall off, and Mind Flay in between Mind Blast procs. I save my Fiend for boss fights, especially during Lust or Warp. Spam Mind Sear for AOE mobs. <-- I can usually hit 14k no problem during an AOE fight. (IF there is anyone out there who sees an issue within this rotation please let me know.) Until then, I am going to continue tweaking my current rotation so it yields the highest dps I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment